Library Media Center
Library Media Center Staff
To provide a wide variety of materials to support the curriculum and to do so in a manner which reflects the current technology for information retrieval.
- To provide the opportunity for each student to access information needed to support the classroom curriculum
- To provide instruction in accessing information
What is the Library Media Center?
The library media center is both a place to store information and an approach to accessing information. The center consists of over 20,000 volumes including books, audio tapes, video tapes, and e-books. In addition, periodicals and other reference sources can be accessed through on-line databases.
- Regular Materials - Three Weeks (Renewable)
- Periodicals - One Week
- Reserve Materials - Overnight
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday: 7:15 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. *
- * open until 3:00 p.m. on academic help days
- ResearchitCT - Connecticut's databases, including magazine and newspaper articles, images, almanacs, website links and more - http://www.researchitct.org
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online - http://search.eb.com
- CQ Researcher - http://library.cqpress.com/cqresearcher
- Gale Group Databases, including Opposing viewpoints, Student Resources in Context, and the Gale Virtual Reference Library - http://infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb/nw11001
- Columbia Granger's World of Poetry - http://columbiagrangers.org
- Literary criticisms from Salem Press - http://online.salempress.com/action/remoteAccessActivation
- History resources from Salem Press - http://online.salempress.com/action/remoteAccessActivation
- Social Studies resources from Sharpe Books - http://search.ebscohost.com