The Driver Education Program is offered each quarter after school on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. It is also offered during the summer. The program meets or exceeds all the Department of Motor Vehicles requirements. To enroll, students must be at least 16 years of age on the first day of class. During the 30 hours of classroom instruction, students will have the opportunity to discuss all different driving situations, such as winter driving, city driving, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, etc. The eight hours of behind-the-wheel training will be scheduled after school and on weekends. Emphasis will be placed on defensive driving. Students who successfully complete the classroom component and/or the behind-the-wheel instruction will receive a certificate.
For fees and additional school information, contact Mr. Giordano, Driver Education Coordinator:
Phone: 860.738.6200 x5000
- First Quarter: Wednesday, September 13th - Wednesday, November 1st, 2017
- Second Quarter: Wednesday, November 8th, 2017 - Thursday, January 4th, 2018
- Third Quarter: Wednesday, January 31st - Wednesday, March 21st, 2018
- Fourth Quarter: Wednesday, April 25th - Thursday, May 31st, 2018
- Summer 2018 Class: Thursday, July 5th - Friday, July 20th, 2018. 7:30 - 10:00 a.m. daily
*For Summer 2018 Class, contact Mr. Giordano until June 20th.