Mission and Expectations
School CMT School Performance can be found at www.ctreports.com.
Northwestern Middle School, a partnership of school, family, and community, is committed to providing a quality learning environment dedicated to fostering life-long intellectual achievement and social and personal growth.
We believe a quality learning environment:
- Responds to the specific developmental needs of this age group;
- Promotes growth through exploration, reflection and measurable goals;
- Challenges all students to reach their full potential;
- Encourages all students to be contributing citizens in a changing society;
- Is a safe and secure place for all children to grow and learn.
Northwestern Regional Middle School students will be able to:
- demonstrate effective literacy and communication skills through reading, writing, speaking, listening and viewing;
- appreciate, create, and participate in visual and performing art forms and demonstrate the importance of the arts in expressing the human experience;
- use a variety of technology and informational resources to gather and synthesize data;
- utilize problem solving skills;
- demonstrate an understanding of democratic values in our society;
- acquire a foundation of personal health and physical activity skills important for promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Social and Civic Expectations
Northwestern Regional Middle School students will:
- demonstrate respect for all members of the Northwestern community.
- demonstrate the rights and responsibilities of a democratic society;
- apply practices of citizenship to the students’ community, nation, and world;
- develop attitudes of respect and sensitivity towards human and cultural differences;
- contribute to the community in a positive manner, forming a partnership in education.