DR. JUDITH A. PALMER, SUPERINTENDENT
IT IS MY SINCERE PLEASURE TO WELCOME YOU TO THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR!
Welcome to the 2018-19 school year! Regional School District No. 7 is the pride of the northwest corner! NWR7 is an exceptional school district consisting of hard working educators, dedicated support staff and an outstanding student body. We are privileged to work alongside parents and community members who genuinely support our mission. We are proud of our work in developing curriculum, improving instructional strategies and varying assessments for students to demonstrate learning. Further, we provide our staff with on-going social and emotional skills training to foster a school district that embodies social, emotional and cognitive learning for every member of our school community.
This year, I would like to welcome the following teachers to the Northwestern family:
Amy Bardino: Middle School Special Education Teacher replacing Val Teggi who retired in January.
Gabrielle Robertson: High School English Teacher replacing Emily Drago who took a job in Simsbury.
Christine Mitchell: Middle School Art Teacher replacing Alexa Fermeglia who moved to Prague.
John Farrell: Agricultural Education Teacher replacing Lori Travato who took a job at Shepaug High School.
Ashley Holmes: HTA - Educational Assistant
Jesse Williams: AIM - Educational Assistant
Angelina Byrne: LINKS - Educational Assistant
Gillian Goodwin: LINKS - Educational Assistant
Same Conley: LINKS - Educational Assistant
We look forward to our students benefiting from the new set of skills and fresh ideas that these educators will bring to the classroom!
2018-2019 DISTRICT GOALS - THEORY OF ACTION STATEMENTS
THIS YEAR’S DISTRICT GOALS ARE OUTLINED BELOW:
Theory of Action for Improved Student Achievement
- Curriculum and Instruction: If we develop an aligned, well resourced, and viable CCSS based curriculum that supports the delivery of high impact instructional strategies, then student learning and achievement will increase.
- Assessment: If we establish rigorous formative and summative school based assessments that are aligned with the CCSS, then we can target high impact instructional strategies on the areas of greatest student need and the pace of achievement will increase.
Area of Focus: Curriculum coherence and Personalized Learning
Theory of Action Regarding Professional Development and Collaboration
- If we provide opportunities for our teachers to engage in collaborative analysis of student work and assessment results so teachers work together in order to refine their teaching, then instructional quality and efficiency will improve and student achievement will increase.
- If we provide on-going, job embedded opportunities for teachers to offer and receive feedback regarding their instructional strategies (through PLCs, peer coaching, instructional rounds, and observation feedback), then instructional quality and efficiency will improve and student learning will increase.
- If we provide faculty and staff with on-going social and emotional skills training, then we will foster a school district that embodies social, emotional and cognitive learning for every member of our community.
Theory of Action Regarding Communication
- If we communicate and engage effectively with all stakeholders, then we create shared ownership of the district’s mission and vision to meet the academic, social and emotional needs of our students and learning will increase.
Please reach out to our administrative team if there is anything we can do for you or your student:
Mr. Ken Chichester, High School Principal: email@example.com
Mr. Fran Amara, Middle School Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Joe Masi, House I Housemaster: email@example.com
Mr. Gary Franklin, House II Housemaster: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Judith Palmer, Superintendent: email@example.com
Northwestern High School: 860-379-8525, Northwestern Middle School: 860-379-7243 or the Superintendent’s Office: 860-379-1084
I look forward to another exceptional school year. Enjoy the last few days of summer vacation!