DR. JUDITH A. PALMER, SUPERINTENDENT
WELCOME TO THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
Please view the following link for an important SHAPE message from Dr. Palmer:
Kindness in Motion
IT IS MY SINCERE PLEASURE TO WELCOME YOU TO THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR!
2018-2019 DISTRICT GOALS - THEORY OF ACTION STATEMENTS
THIS YEAR’S DISTRICT GOALS ARE OUTLINED BELOW:
Theory of Action for Improved Student Achievement
- Curriculum and Instruction: If we develop an aligned, well resourced, and viable CCSS based curriculum that supports the delivery of high impact instructional strategies, then student learning and achievement will increase.
- Assessment: If we establish rigorous formative and summative school based assessments that are aligned with the CCSS, then we can target high impact instructional strategies on the areas of greatest student need and the pace of achievement will increase.
Area of Focus: Curriculum coherence and Personalized Learning
Theory of Action Regarding Professional Development and Collaboration
- If we provide opportunities for our teachers to engage in collaborative analysis of student work and assessment results so teachers work together in order to refine their teaching, then instructional quality and efficiency will improve and student achievement will increase.
- If we provide on-going, job embedded opportunities for teachers to offer and receive feedback regarding their instructional strategies (through PLCs, peer coaching, instructional rounds, and observation feedback), then instructional quality and efficiency will improve and student learning will increase.
- If we provide faculty and staff with on-going social and emotional skills training, then we will foster a school district that embodies social, emotional and cognitive learning for every member of our community.
Theory of Action Regarding Communication
- If we communicate and engage effectively with all stakeholders, then we create shared ownership of the district’s mission and vision to meet the academic, social and emotional needs of our students and learning will increase.
Please join me in welcoming the following staff to our Northwestern family:
Robert Delaney - Physical Education
Brooke Ransom - Educational Assistant
Michael Morrus - Special Education Teacher
Allison Graboski - Educational Assistant
I am looking forward to another terrific year for your students. Please let our building principals and/or Housemasters know if we can help you in any way.