James Beard Foundation Scholarship
Deadline : June 11, 2020 Award : Varies
This year JBF will offer three basic types of Awards:
- Scholarships: Cash grants applied to tuition (and sometimes other school-related expenses)
- Tuition Waivers: Tuition waivers granted by educational institutions, which are renewable in some cases
- Work Study Grants: Grants for working culinary professionals that cover expenses from programs offering experiential learning at farms, fisheries, wineries, and other venues of food production, under the auspices of the Jean-Louis Palladin Professional Work/Study program.
The 2020 Scholarship Cycle is now open. Apply here.
Additionally, JBF's National Scholars Program, which launched in 2016, provides ten high-impact scholarships of $20,000 each to food-focused candidates of exceptional talent. Candidates for the ten (10) National Scholarships are selected according to academic merit, as well as personal and professional recommendations. To ensure regional diversity of this national program, one awardee will be selected from each of the ten geographic regions defined by the James Beard Foundation Awards.
The Connecticut Funeral Directors Association Scholarship
Deadline : June 15, 2020 Award : $500
The Connecticut Funeral Directors Association is committed to encouraging young people to consider a career in funeral services, to help ensure that the future includes qualified professionally educated and trained individuals to serve families and individuals. This Scholarship Award program has been established to support that commitment by providing an award of $500 in scholarship funds to 3 graduating high school seniors that want to pursue a career as a funeral director. Visit the CFDA website for information.
Deadline: June 30, 2020 Award : Varies
Due to the constantly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, please be advised that the scholarship deadline has been moved. Scholarship applications should be postmarked no later than June 30th, 2020. Transcripts may be emailed by an official staff member of your school to: firstname.lastname@example.org in the event a hard copy is not available. Thank you, and stay safe!
One of the unique ways Colebrook Associates helps COLEBROOK residents is by providing Scholarships to Colebrook students to assist with continuing their education. Whether you are just entering college or are returning to further your degree you are eligible for this scholarship.
Applications are available here. To apply for a scholarship the following requirements must be met:
- The applicant must be a resident of COLEBROOK.
- The applicant must be continuing his/her education in the fall as a new or continuing student.
- Education must be at an accredited four year, two year, or certificate-granting institution.
- A completed scholarship application must be submitted by the due date.
- A current official transcript of grades must accompany the application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.